Sunday 19 February 2012

EINFUHLUNG Art work


Our group exhibition is looming and I needed to start the piece I had decided upon.  Not a good start because I changed my mind several times, from figurative to abstract back to figurative, the only definite was that I wanted to produce something in wire! I have been inspired by the word Introspection which means observation of ones own mental and emotional state. My idea is to produce a wire figure positioned on a mirror base looking back at herself, this could change as it develops. Here are a few pics of my work in the earlt stages.



This work is very labour intensive and painful. I usually start off wearing gloves for about 2 minutes then I have to take them off.  I do like to feel the wire as I am creating the sculpture. I have progressed a little further than this and I will post more pics next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment